Small business owners and marketers are always in search of high-impact, cost-effective methods of increasing revenue. As any marketing expert will tell you, the highest impact method of increasing sales is to gain additional business from your existing customers – they already know your product or service, they hopefully have already had a positive experience with your company, and it’s much less expensive to market to existing customers than to large demographic groups in an effort to gain new customers.
However, even marketing to an existing customer base can be costly – particularly in today’s economy when advertising costs are continuing to increase and positive results from an advertising campaign are harder to achieve. In such an environment, business owners and marketers are seeking ways in which they can designate specific targets for campaigns, increase customer response, and carefully track the results of every campaign in order to maximize ROI. Mobile Marketing provides the ability to achieve all of these goals. Below are some of the top benefits of utilizing Mobile Marketing to promote your business:
- Immediacy - Mobile campaigns are easy to create and execute; messages are delivered to recipients within seconds.
- Affordability - No need to pay for postage, printing or air time, just a nominal per text message fee; prices are very modest and they decrease as volume increases.
- Distribution - Reach out to people all over the world. Delivery is almost always guaranteed, unlike email, direct mail, and other forms of advertising.
- Response Rate/Effectiveness - The average respose rate is approximately 15%, versus 2 – 3% for other advertising mediums such as direct mail.
- Personal /Targeted - Content is targeted to individuals who have opted to receive them; the medium provides the ability to customize the brand message to a diversified audience.
- Mobility/Reachability - Messages reach recipients wherever they are. No need to be by a TV, radio, computer, or mailbox; phones are within our reach 80% of every day.
- Interactivity - Provides the ability to reach customers ‘on-the-go’ and create highly effective two-way communication.
- Marketing Campaign Integration - Provides the ability to integrate new, innovative forms of advertising/promotion with existing strategies to enhance their interactivity and impact.
- Quantifiable - Campaign results can be tracked thru downloads, page visits, customer opt-ins, and a variety of other methods as well dependent upon the mobile marketing method being utilized.
- WOW Factor - The mobile marketing medium is still so new the largest percentage of potential customers have not yet seen it firsthand, this allows your firm to establish itself as a leader in your industry and insures your messages will achieve higher impact with their target audiences.
- Viral Potential - The ease with which mobile marketing messages can be shared increases the potential for your message to be shared with new audiences/potential customers at no cost to you.